North Leverton with Habblesthorpe Parish Council has nine volunteer members and one part time Clerk. Each councillor is serving a four term which currently ends in March 2023. There are presently two vacancies. Anyone interested in joining the Council should, in the first instance, contact the Clerk Sara Stilliard
Council Meetings are usually held on the First Monday of every month either in the school hall or the chapel but presently on zoom due to Covid 19 restrictions.
Who we are & what we do
Our councillors are elected or co-opted. They do not get paid, receive a salary or an expenses allowance, they volunteer their time for the community.
Clerk & Responsibile Financial Officer to the Parish Council
Sara is Clerk, Proper Officer and Responsible Financial Officer of the Parish Council. She carries out all functions expected by law of such an officer and undertakes all administrative duties of the Council. The Clerk's duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the Council is run in accordance with the law and abides by statute.
- Maintain financial records of the Council and prepare records for audit
- Prepare the Council's Budget
- Implement the Council's decisions
- Submit the Precept Requirement to Bassetlaw Council
- Monitor and Process Staff wages, PAYE and HMRC returns
- Ensure the Council has adequate Insurance Cover.
- Work with the Chairman and other members as appropriate
- Prepare and issue the Council Agendas
- Produce the minutes of the meetings
- Provide appropriate legal and practical advise to the Council members
- Obtain quotes for tenders
- Receive, Study & Reply to all correspondence on behalf of the Council.
- Deal with phone inquiries for the Council
- Carry out proactive research for the Council suggesting ways to improve procedures or services of the parish.
- Supervise staff and undertake tasks in connection with salaries and conditions of employment
- Act as a representative of the Council and attend meetings
- Liaise with the District Council and County Council on matters of concern to the Parish Council
- Maintain contact with the local District Councillor and County Councillor
- Prepare press releases for the Council
- Act as a point of contact for residents within the Parish and for outside bodies.
- The Old Milking Palour
- 01427 881582